Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Readings in Galway, Ireland


This October I had the pleasure of reading to students in Galway, Ireland, at the Westside and Ballybane Libraries. The sixth class of Galway Educate Together National School proved to be an enthusiastic group, their questions about writing a novel, the plot of Anahita's Woven Riddle, carpets and Iran began before I made it to the podium. Hand after hand shot up for a full hour! They were so engrossed with the discussion that after asking me riddles of their own, they invited me back to their school the next week to view slides of Iran. Check out the video below for a taste of my visit with them. Questions asked in this clip: "I read the last page first. What was the answer to her riddle?" "How old was Anahita? Who did she marry?" and "Are you famous?"

I wish to thank Tom Donegan of Children's Books Ireland for arranging my readings in Galway. Maureen Moran of Galway Libraries, Marina Hughes, teacher at Galway Educate Together N.S. and the teens and librarians at Ballybane for welcoming me.

Sorry, the video wouldn't load, will try again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment