Thursday, October 14, 2010

Head Scarf Tour Goes to Moab, Utah


On Wednesday evening, Oct 6th, I spent the evening with a lively crowd from Moab, Utah, at the the Grand County Library, discussing Iran. This was the first of a dozen public speaking events that I have planned for the next 12 months as a participant in Authors Building Bridges With Muslim Cultures, a campaign I have launched with other writers.

I encourage teachers and librarians to contact me for speaking engagements. If I plan to be visiting your town, I will gladly speak at your school or library. Myself and other authors with books that celebrate the richness of Middle Eastern cultures and the beauty of Islam have agreed to step up our appearances this school year to help educate Americans about the Muslim cultures in the U.S. and abroad. Some of us authors have agreed to reduce our speaking rates or speak in exchange for the purchase of 12 books. Our aim is to enlist 12 authors, in 12 cities across the country to participate. I will interview each participating author on this blog as they join our tour, and will provide their contact information.

I'd like to thank Adrea Lund at the Grand County library for organizing this event and offering a gorgeous venue to launch the tour. Please help me and the participating authors make this a successful campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment