Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Literary Events in Istanbul


Merhaba from Istanbul! This colorful street is near the Galata Tower in Istanbul's Beyoglu District where Molly's Cafe is located. Molly, a Canadian, moved to Istanbul about 13 years ago and opened a cafe that serves homemade everything. It is a cozy gathering place for locals and expats. She invited me to talk about my work and the Turkish edition of my novel Anahita's Woven Riddle, just published by Yakamoz Kitap as Sicak Bir Ask Masali. If you are visiting Istanbul I recommend that you seek Molly's cafe. The neighborhood has many treasures, such as the fresh fruit and vegetable shop pictured in the corner of this blog photo.

I have also had the pleasure of visiting two public schools in the Emirgan and Sultanahmet neighborhoods. I will be posting more about those events in the coming weeks with photos of some of the students. Check back also to hear about a booksigning I have planned with a local carpet dealer in the Grand Bazaar. Adnan and Hasan's Rugs is hosting me, the event will serve to promote literacy programs in Turkey.

Iy gunlar!

No comments:

Post a Comment